Thursday, June 21, 2012

Manitoba Marathon, Part II

Last year, I received the best Fathers Day present ever. It was pretty good this year too. If you have 15 minutes or so, you can get the other side of the story too.


This will most likely be the last time I post about this. It has been an up an down year of emotions. I am proud of my accomplishment and would do it again in a heartbeat, no pun intended. I posted this quote a year ago and it holds just as true now as it did then:

I expect to pass through life but once.  If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.  ~William Penn

Life is short, help out when you can, make a difference. This son needed his father, just like my sons do....



6 comments:

Johann said...

This is so great and all in this post so truer. Awesome Shawn! Thanks for the great message!

Caroline said...

fantastic! love the picture!

Andrew Opala said...

listening to it now ...

Andrew Opala said...

BTW ... I'll send you my next races - Run beside me!

Andrew Opala said...

He heard Bob Dylan! ... and you got up and kept running! ... and I'm gonna go get my CPR training BTW.

Coy Martinez said...

That is such a great quote and words to live by!