Friday, May 25, 2012

You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

Today is a big day at our house. We now have 2 teenagers. I am so proud of both our boys and all of their accomplishments.

It is said that the bad habits or things you don't like about yourself are personified in your kids....well this one and I are so much alike. He makes me insane because he definitely dances to his own drummer.....right from day one. How many kids (boys) do you know that have grown their hair out 12 inches 3 times for "Angel Hair for Kids"? Messy as hell, heart of gold.

Happy 13th son, I love you buddy!



                                                               

4 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool. Happy birthday to your son!

Johann said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

Jill said...

I have twin teenage boys...you have a 50/50 chance of survival. :) Happy Birthday to your son, what a cutie!

Coy Martinez said...

I have two boys, they're really close in age, almost Irish twins I guess they call them! Mine LOVE long hair. Both of my boys have the longest hair in school and I often wonder if the teachers think I'm just lazy or if that's the way the boys want it??

Happy Birthday!!! You're right in what you said!