Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat. ~Ann Landers

No hidden meaning there folks, just liked the quote. As I may have mentioned at one time or another, I don't perspire, I sweat!

Slept in this morning. Decided to "allow" myself a morning to roll/stretch around in bed like a cat in a sunbeam for an extra hour. Pushed really heard the last 3 days so I took the evening off from the bike and caught the early Avengers in 3D with son #2 (the BOSS was there too but with the girls). We thought it was good...over the top, but good. We then went home and watched War Horse...talk about bouncing from one reality to another. We would have saved that for another night but the movie had to get back to a friend. I enjoyed both but am a sucker for animals.

6-7 miles of running on the radar for tonight. No bike as the tush needs a break and the business of life trumps everything. The BOSS is doing a 12 hour today, son #1 has soccer most of the day with school then a 6:30 practice tonight. There are no U16/17 competitive soccer teams locally this year so he is playing U18 at 16...and does not look out of place at all. In between school and practice he has to cut a lawn for one of his contracts. Needless to say, he had a big "sigh" at all on his plate today.....I of course consoled him with a "poor baby" and a "suck it up buttercup" pep talk. Welcome to the real world of responsibility son! Mind you, he was a bit tired after track and field yesterday....he handily won the 800/1500m and placed 2nd in the 300m hurdles (he was taking it easy as the 1500 was 20 minutes after) and will move on to the next level in the district to try and make provincials. He will have his hands full.

Son #2 has promotion night tonight at Air Cadets. He is pretty excited since he figures he will be moving up a rank. I am glad he has found his niche. We are looking forward to being there to see it but it will take some skilful scheduling to do it. We also find out more about camp tonight. He will be doing 10 days with the squad in July and he can't wait.

I have added 2 more events to my schedule this summer. The Great Raisin River race for the 2nd year, 11 km run and the Cornwall Triathlon a week after where I will do the Du for the 3rd year in a row. The folks running the triathlon show are ordering 30 sets of unique logo'd triathlete wear (tops and compression shorts) ...and I was one of the first to order so that should be pretty sweet when those get in.

On another note, received a letter in the mail from the Manitoba marathon folks with a refund for my entry form. I am now an invited guest...who knew? Would be really sweet if that tri wear is in by then. One can only hope.

Hope everybody has a great long weekend. A friend of mine called me up last week and told his son had to duck out of going to Toronto for a Jays game Saturday...and could I go instead. Who am I to say no to dogs and beer on a Saturday afternoon????? All I know is there will be some a long run and a long bike in store for me when I get back.

5 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Your family might be busier than ours! A ballgame on the weekend is a hopeless dream for me though.

Christi said...

Good luck with all your activities!

Johann said...

Busy busy busy life! With all the kids we have the same type of life :) I can also sweat like crazy and usually look as if I jumped in the pool at the end of my run.

Coy Martinez said...

Holy cow, there's so much I wanna comment on! I think I like the whole lying around like a cat in a sunbeam. Seems like I appreciate it twice as much now that I consider myself to be an "athlete" hahahaha!! I find that it's tough trying to train and get everything done with the kids that needs to be done.

I didn't know you did triathlons! I knew you rode though! What kind of bike do you have??

Coy Martinez said...

Holy cow, there's so much I wanna comment on! I think I like the whole lying around like a cat in a sunbeam. Seems like I appreciate it twice as much now that I consider myself to be an "athlete" hahahaha!! I find that it's tough trying to train and get everything done with the kids that needs to be done.

I didn't know you did triathlons! I knew you rode though! What kind of bike do you have??