Monday, May 7, 2012

Nice Weekend

Had an awesome weekend.

10.5 miles before most people were out of bed Saturday followed by installing a new washer and dryer, cleaning up the garage and going to a family fun day at cadets with son #2.

Sunday was a 4 miler on a stiff frame but it had to get done to loosen up for a day of major yard work. Weed patrol, grass cutting, planning and re-planning landscaping for this year, patio set-up, etc...all that is left is the pool but it's not quite warm enough for that yet.

No Kona Zing this weekend :(

Hope to be out riding by mid week but if there's rain coming, I'll stick to the running.

Funny thing on Saturdays run. I went by my old hood and in passing, chatted with an neighbor across the street. He said, "your still running?". ...like it is some kind of fad or something? It made me think that I have been running with a purpose for almost 2 years now.....and I can't imagine it not being a part of my existence on this rock.

Funny how life "just" happens sometimes.

Have a great week all!

4 comments:

Johann said...

Busy by the looks of it! I have to get to many of the chores you mention. Non-runners often make it sound as if we are so stupid for being runners...if only they knew what they are missing. Have a good week!

Coy Martinez said...

You should have said "you still breathing!?" HAHAHAHA! People do look at it like a fad don't they!

Kate said...

Rain's getting in the way of my bike time, too. Rain, and life.

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

I like Coy's comment. lmao

Running becomes a lifestyle that's hard to give up. Non runners just can't comprehend.