Monday, April 30, 2012

Run for MS Race Report

To put it all in perspective, I was happy with my result.

1:47:27

14 second slower pace than last year but,

  • I am about 10 - 12 lbs heavier than I was last year
  • Was cold and windy Saturday morning
  • That cold wind was in my face for the out leg (course is an out and back)
When you finally get out of the wind, the last 2 miles is hilly. I held my 7:55 per mile pace for almost the whole race till about the last 3 miles and then I was done. Just wore out at the end.

Bonus - No IT issues, no other pain.

Other Bonus - # 2 son did a PB in the 5 k run. 19:16 to end up 7th out of 226 and 4th in his age group. I mentioned to him that he could be awesome if he trained a little harder. More talent sports wise than he knows what to do with.

So a good race, sets up well for training this summer. I should be able to drop the lbs in the near future as next week I will be doing a run and a bike everyday.

Now...if I can just stay away from the trough....

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, great job! Awesome about your son, too.

Christi said...

Congrats to you and your son!

Caroline said...

great job!!! and your son is FAST!
wow! congrats to both of you guys

Coy Martinez said...

I love "the trough". I shouldn't but I do, especially when it's filled with ice cream. A huge weakness of mine! :)

Congrats on a great race!! To be only that far off of last year is awesome and even better that the IT Band isn't giving you fits!