Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

I have no tattoo's...that puts me on the afraid side.

In a very rare occurrence, I went with my wife to a movie last night. I say rare, because we went on cheapie Tuesday night. I always feel like a cow in a cattle car when everybody is out to save a buck. Makes me nuts milling about with the rest of the herd, especially when they don't know where they are going. I just start thinking, "Lord take me now"!

With that said, we watched “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”. Definitely not a movie for kids as it carries a +18 rating. I enjoyed the story and was never bored….but there were more than a few scenes that had my mind reeling and my wife going “Holy Crap”!!!!.


I think I will have to start reading the series as I always seem to get way more that way than the cliff notes movie.

One of the interesting things I noticed during the movie was how easy information about you, your family, your life, etc can be accessed by people with certain skills in our digital age.

I reflected this back to blogging and realize that as much as we may want to be anonymous with our personal information, we can’t control it all the time. I mean, anybody who can use a keyboard can figure out my info pretty quick if they want even though I keep most of my personal info off the blog.

Does this bother you? I try to keep all my running stuff separate from the rest of my life. I don’t even know if my wife has ever looked at my blog (I have offered to show her...) or has just said that’s your business….maybe like a personal journal or something. Just curious as to how others feel about anonymity?


Random Notes:

Warming up to -8 °C here this afternoon with just a hint of wind. Means make supper when I get home and then head out for a 6-7 miler. This seems to be my normal run, day in and day out. I have a ½ coming in Feb and will soon have to make a somewhat concrete training plan….or not.

Most of our big movie rental chains are gone here. This may mean I might be grazing with the herd more in the future than I want to…or not.

My Raiders bit the big one last week even after KC helped them as best they could. It means I will have to cheer for some other team…or not.

Lastly, one of my other runner brothers posted this on his facebook page. It is definitely him to a tee and even I find myself doing this once in awhile (thank-you runnersworld).





Have a great evening….and hey, it’s only 76 days to the first day of spring!

4 comments:

Christi said...

What a great pic! I love that!

I have read the Dragon books and they are great. I can't wait to see the movie.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Great book series, definitely reecommended.

I try to keep personal and bloglife separate online, but I'm sure anyone with even mediocre computing skills could find out lots about me. Part of the price to participate.

Not sure I have much to steal anyway. :)

Coy Martinez said...

I saw the first movie before they remade it and I really like it. Don't know if I'll see it or not.

I do have a tattoo. I didn't get it until I was 35. Always knew I wanted one but didn't know what until I raced my first half marathon. It's a design off the medal. Good thing I liked it. I don't like tattoo's on other people, well, on 80% I would say. Just freaks me out, stupid right?

I wonder about the blog info too. Some people share everything, I think I share about 50% of what I can. It can be scary. I've had more people find me through Facebook info than off the blog.

Kate said...

I don't have a tattoo, nothing against them, just haven't found anything I want permanently on my body. My husband hates them and says he'd leave me if I got one, which makes me want one just bc I don't like being told what to do. :)

I read the books, they kept me reading, but not the best I've ever read. There was definitely some kind of out there stuff that didn't advance the plot, seemed more for effect. I'm interested to see how it translates to the movie...interested, but cheap, so I'll probably wait til it hits video.

I definitely think about the blog/privacy thing. I post links on my Facebook page and have shown it to my husband, though he's more likely to hear things through his work partner, whose wife reads it regularly. Having it "public" to my real-life friends, family, coworkers keeps me conscious about not being overly open. I try to stay aware that it's MY blog and my choice to share and not share things about then that would make my family uncomfortable.