Sunday, May 8, 2011

Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. ~Red Buttons




Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland  

This is the "BOSS" to a tee. Especially if their friends are in the car...always cracks me up cause she gets the giggles and then has to go to the bathroom.


The "BOSS" came home from 12 hours of nursing (cleaning up puke, gagging stuff and wet farts...as well as poking, prodding and sticking things into people) to have me tuck her into bed.


Son "A" wanted to get Mom jewelry.....son "B" is a teenager...so you can figure out who his biggest concern is these days. So "A" and I went and got 3 huge bouquets  of flowers since I knew exactly what she wanted to wake up to.


I then went and ran a 16 miler to end the week at 47 miles. Bettered my goal pace by a bit and was just happy to get it done....I mean, it's not like I'm EMZ running 24 hours or something....hats off to you Emily, you are something else, I am truly in awe with that accomplishment. All I know is that I was running and sweating like a Mutha by the end of my run!!!! I then did a little majic in the kitchen and made breakfast/lunch for the boys and the "BOSS". Yard work for a few hours and now here I am doing this while the "BOSS" has snuck back under the covers cause she is back at it for another 12 tonight.


So I hope all you Moms had a great day. I guess I am throwback of sorts, a disciplinarian with the boys and pretty much a rules type of guy.....much like my Mom. I got spanked, pulled by my ear and had many, many, many timeouts in my room as a kid....and I love my Mom to bits....I just don't piss her off...I learned as did my brothers and sister. She's tough as nails but soft like butta when needed. If you ask her what her greatest accomplishment is, she would say this:


"None of my kids came back to live at home after they left, they are all self sufficient, productive members of society (4 boys and a little girl), honest, upstanding, have backbone and integrity. What could be better than that as your legacy?" 74 years young this year and still walks a ton of miles every week. Love you Mom!

SIDE NOTE: My Dad was and is always smart enough to say "Go ask your Mother!!!!"

Have a good week all...forecast calls for sun and then a bit more sun. 



6 comments:

Char said...

I love your Mum's techniques and philosophies on child-rearing. I always believed in discipline too and would rather give a quick smack than try to reason with a two year old. And the proof's in the pudding - her kids turned out great and mine are too.

Kate said...

Fun stuff. I like the mom quotes.

Sounds like you made it a nice day for your wife. Well done. :)

Christi said...

Great way to take care of your wife!

Love the shout-out to your mom as well!

Jenn said...

The "boss" and I would be pals. NO problems belting out the tunes in the car embarrassing the crap out of my children!!

Nice job on the 16! Ah!! Love your mom's greatest accomplishment quote!!! I bet all her 5 kiddos have a great deal of respect for her!

Have a great week Shawn! I will be working on your beotch sign:)

Molly said...

My kids are not fans of my singing. But when I really want to drive them nuts, I dance. : )

Adam said...

wow, 47 miles is a killer week. Way to go.

I ran my self so ragged on mom's day that I couldn't see straight when it was all over with.

"go ask your mother" going to remember that.....