Friday, April 22, 2011

Wojo: My old man didn't believe in holidays. He thought they were slothful. He used to say, "If the Lord can get up and move a rock, so can you!" [edit]

As a kid, I loved TV. I still love TV and I miss many of the shows I grew up watching.


I remember Red Skeleton on Monday nights as well as The Carol Burnett Show. Harvey Korman and Tim Conway always cracked me up, especially when you knew Tim was just deliberately trying to make Korman laugh. 


They always got to me no matter what. I just had to throw those links in, they still make me giggle. Sketch comedy, live TV at its best. I also loved Barney Miller, especially the brownies episode. And who could ever forget, the Classic WKRP Turkey drop


So......this has nothing to do with running...but it does have to do with the fact that I had/have to work both Good Friday and Easter Monday this year. I am not very religious but I do enjoy the extra time a get to spend with my family over the holiday. I guess my catch phrase this year is from Wojo from Barney Miller who said (when asked about working Easter Weekend), 


"My old man didn't believe in holidays. He thought they were slothful. He used to say, "If the Lord can get up and move a rock, so can you!"

So there ya go. Got in a great 9 miles last night at pace and did not let that wind get the best of me. After working today, got 7 in at a relaxed pace and in running shorts and a t-shirt....woooop, woop. 8 tomorrow, 16 Sunday and then I will start to take it easy before my 1/2 next Saturday.


Hope spring is headed your way everybody, its about time.


Do you remember these shows I used to watch? Am I the only one who still finds this stuff funny?

BTW....Harvey Korman and I share the same bday...who knew? 

3 comments:

Jenn said...

OK-a couple more to add to your list. Tim Conway-the dentist-bahahaha! (I work in a dental office) and Dorf Golf. GOOD stuff! Carol Burnett-God-this stuff totally brings back the memories! Thanks for the links.

Suck on having to work. I'm in the middle of a VERY nice no work stretch! Half next Saturday!! Good Luck!! Hope you get some great weather. Looks like rain and sleet for my 22 tomorrow. What else is new.....

Have a great weekend-knock out some good ones!

Barefoot Neil Z said...

I enjoyed early sitcoms like mork and mindy, happy days and ALF.

Coy Martinez said...

I use to watch a lot of WKRP in Cincy. I think my favorite was Cheers though. I was a little girl when the show ended but I remember crying. Funny when I think back on that now.