Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Garmin Dude-1, Shawn -0

Technically, that should be Shawn - 200+ , Garmin Dude – 2.

Went out last night for an easy 6 miler. No problem right?

Left leg cramped up between the knee and the ankle after 2 miles. So I considered running through it and then said no. I considered stopping altogether...and then said no. But I did stop, did a little magic massage and lo and behold, finished my run. Not at pace, but I finished. Hence the Garmin dude got the better of me again.

Probably has not helped that the “Boss” and son “B” have birthdays within 2 days of each other so my diet (beer/pizza/wings/cake/pizza/beer/etc...) has been a bit inconsistent and the temps have dropped again, and it was wet...blah, blah, blah

I have to admit, I have not felt the greatest since my bonk on Saturday. I started that run at 196.6 lbs and ended it on the scale at 188.8 lbs. That’s what the digital scale said...yikes. That’s not perspiration folks, that’s sweat!!!!

So no big deal on the 2 losses. I see a bigger goal that will be completed tonight. I WILL break 1400 miles of running in less than a 1 year period (1 year = Apr 20). My 9 miler at Marathon pace tonight will push me past that milestone.

To say I am proud of myself is an understatement. I earned every sweat stained mile and no one can ever take that away from me. Not that anybody would want my sweat stained miles...ewwwwww...but...you know what I mean.

With that said, got up this morning with a sore throat. Hope it is just from too much talking (it’s what I do for a living) and nothing else. Guess I will find out sooner than later.

And hey, if Garmin Dude wins tonight...so be it. I figure i’ll always be the winner.... just for getting off my A$$ and going for a run.

And on this Thursday, I am thankful for that.

7 comments:

Coy Martinez said...

I've never run against the Garmin, partly because I'm a chicken and partly because I'm not sure how to work that feature :)

I hate crappy weeks where running doesnt go the way I want it to. We all act like we have the "only child syndrome" when it comes to running.

Caroline said...

no wonder you hit the wall there...8 lbs!!! that is a lot!

if you go out there I say the winner is always you my friend.

Kate said...

I totally agree with the winner just by getting off the couch thing. The rest is just gravy. Or the reason we can have gravy. :)

Glad you were able to finish the run. And you've logged a LOT of miles in the past year. Way to go!

Jamoosh said...

Beer and pizza every night sounds consistent to me!

chris mcpeake said...

8 pounds .. holy crap

Chris K said...

I love beer and pizza. I mean true love. Congrats on your milage. Considering alot of that was done in brutal weather, it is impressive indeed.

Johann said...

That diet sounds just right. Take it easy!