Saturday, April 2, 2011

Are you a random runner?

Happy Saturday...yeah


I put in a 10 miler today, the "BOSS" rode her bike beside me to keep me company. It was as windy as hell as we did the first 5 into it so as not to deal with it on the way back. It was pretty funny to have her talking to me and of course because of the wind...I could not hear a thing...so I did  a lot of nodding. I was just happy she decided to come out as she puts in a ton of shifts as a Nurse so we don't get many Saturdays together.


Amidst the chatter, I started wondering if every runner actually plans their routes? I have about 6 or 7 that I can do depending on the wind, distance and hill work. I always wear the Garmin because I know someday when I croak, all that data will be there to prove I was nuts to run that much and the "Boss" will let everybody know she was right I like to keep track of all my miles.


Luckily, I live on the East end of town so I can run on the bike paths, run west thru suburbia, run east through farm land and along the river most anytime I want. I like to shake it up a lot but my biggest concern is always that damn wind. I hate the wind during a run. For me, it sucks the life out of me.


What element makes you nuts? Please feel free to use the Periodic table to help you make your choice.

Also...please note the Favicon.....to get yours, check out this site......

http://www.faviconfixer.blogspot.com/

Dion did a great job for me...thanx 

9 comments:

Emz said...

I'm with you.

w
i
n
d

for sure.

XLMIC said...

I agree…

Wind blows.

Raegun said...

Hmmm....which element do I detest?
Fire - makes me run faster
Water - I'm not made of sugar
Earth - my preferred place to run
Yup. Must be the wind. Yuck.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I have to agree with the above--wind is poop and I opted out of running in it today!

Likin the favicon Shawn!!

Jamoosh said...

Wind does suck although I don't mind it too much when I am running. Cycling is a another story.

Annie said...

I love running randomly. The same route over and over again kills me. And the humidity. I CAN'T take it. And I live in Houston...........

Jenn said...

I'm so with you on the wind. We have almost NO trees or shelter here. All of my routes are straight away roads with nothing but fields on either side. If there's wind, you FEEL it. On the flipside, I think it's a great way to simulate hills if you don't have many-at least that's what I tell myself:) I almost always plan to go into the wind on the front half of my run.

So gentlemanly of you to nod at the "BOSS". Nice of her to ride along! Good job on the 10! Have a great Sunday:)

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

I think it was windy all over this weekend. At least it has warmed up to the 70s (F) here.

Chris K said...

Whenever it gets below 50 deg F, I just don't run.