Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh well.......at least snow melts


Well, got my 10 miler in Saturday morning. Re-did my out in the country route with ZERO knee pain and just a real nice run. There was a bit of rain but luckily I was out the door at 6:45 am and missed the heavy stuff that came the rest of the day.

Sunday however was a write off. All that rain the day before saturated the ground so when it turned into snow, we got a 12 inch dump of snow on wet that had nowhere to go. Ditches were full of slop and in some places they had some flooding.

This meant a treadmill run....sorry folks.....blah....not happening!!!

It was even less appealing after I went out and shovelled my driveway and the neighbors driveway (her husband is in a nursing home so I have their snowblower and do both driveways...but the snow was wet so the blower was useless). Add in driving son “B” to a bday party in the country ½ hour away in crappy weather and knowing son “A” had an afternoon hockey playoff game (they won 4-1) and then having to do the driveways again and then go pick up the lad in the country just killed any energy I had to do a run.

Then Monday morning we got a 12-20 inch dump. By the time I got up, it was too late to do the driveways so they got done after work. At least this stuff I could use the snowblower on....but that still took an hour and fifteen to get them done. Add in the fact “THE BOSS” is working a ton of 12’s these days before we take a break for sunny weather and , well, I got in a measley 3.3 miles on the treadmill and called it a run and then started in on other household chores. Oh the shame!!!

So, “THE BOSS” is doing a 12 today, son “A” is off the the cheapie Tuesday movies but I have to get him fed before he can go, son “B" 's plans are unknown except that he will be home late because of basketball practice and I have laundry to do to help out and lighten the load.

Soooooo....I may try to get in an hours run today just to keep my sanity plus make up for that sad attempt at a run yesterday. No speed work today, just don’t have the heart for it.

The upside, I know sunny days are coming soon.....it’s only 24 hours of driving away...yeah for me!!!!

Your life hectic these days too?

Also, my apologies for not catching up on some blogs...as you can tell, I have been busy....and it won't be stopping for a few more days!!!!

Friday is only 3 days away....whoop, whoop!!!

5 comments:

Christi said...

All that snow does not sound fun at all. Let's hope spring starts soon!

Good luck with all that is going on. I am sure you will make it!

Kovas said...

Maybe make up all the runs in the sun?!

Annie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't imagine dealing with all that snow! Hopefully it will melt soon for you.

Caroline said...

clearly you dont have enough things to do these days!!
my head is spinning just reading all that is on your plate!

you're heading to a sunny place then? Spring always come. We just never know when in Canada right? I remember times when we would get snow in Quebec in MAY

Teamarcia said...

I'm all for winter but enough already!