Friday, February 4, 2011

BK or Die!


First of all, my apologies for my last manuscript, dissertation, post. After re-reading it, I came to the realization that it could be 3 part made for TV mini-series.

Yikessss, note to self....spit it out son and get it done.

Next Up:

Where does your inspiration come from?

I have avidly been following the exploits of Chris K at BQ or Die. And I have decided to mimic his site...only mine will be called BK or Die.

Every few months, a buddy and I do the BK lunch thing. I now remember why that freaky King runs everywhere...he’s got the trots from eating a Whopper w/cheese, no tomato! Throw in some greasy onion rings and you have the fuel to get you to BAAAWSTON, no worries!

Had a good run last night after yesterdays BK lunch fuel stop. All the extra snow here made it one of those ankle bender exercise type runs. The sidewalks were good for the beginning and the end portions of the run but the middle was brutal. People had put their snow on the sidewalks or the sidewalk cleaner had done it’s work ½ way through the storm. Kinda a run/steeplechase type thing. Yeeech!!!!!!!

These conditions actually had the “Virtual” runner ahead of me ½ way through the run. Needless to say, I picked it up on the back half to stay in line with the plan (and not get chicked)!

I also get to try out a new gizmo tonight. After all my ranting about cars, visibility and trying not to be roadkill, I bought a headband/lamp thing. In the past few weeks, I have been getting the run in right after work so I have been ending just as it is getting dark. Tonight however, I have to go get the peepers checked and probably select some new eyewear. Therefore, the run tonight will be in the dark cause I don’t think I’ll get to it before 5pm. At least the cars might see me as I dodge them.


A couple of other things......Andrew of Running Man Wannabe fame did a piece on automated posting. I just wanted you to know Andrew, I would have come looking for you soon if I did not see a post in the next day or 2.

With that being said, I also miss the posts of Q. Wherever you are, know that I miss your kick A$$ blog. Hope you are still following once in awhile and doing fine!

So, have a great weekend, good luck Chris and all other runners racing this weekend,

“You can do it!!!!”

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
“Vince Lombardi”

Packers by 6

Saturday job: Find a beer with a Green/Gold Label.

3 comments:

Lee said...

It's your blog, you can be a long-winded as you like! Yes, where is that Q man??

Chris K said...

Nice! Nothing like a good Vince Lombardi pep talk. Thanks for your awesomeness Shawn. I really appreciate it. BTW, I run every Mon & Wed night with a headlight and reflector vest. I really like running at night. But then again, it's usually around 50 deg in the dead of winter.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Love the play off the "BK or Die"!!!