Saturday, January 8, 2011

Running on - running on empty, Running on - running blind, Running on - running into the sun, But I'm running behind. Jackson Browne



I went for a run this morning with maybe just a bit of a
plan to stretch it out. I want to try some different stuff
and basically push myself to the limit with little or no
extras in my run.

IE – No extra water (I hydrate well before leaving), no
Clif Shots or GU Chomps or Sharkies.

I want to see what I can really take during a run. What is
my limit is when I’m “Running on Empty”.

Here’s how it went:

Me: Hey, I feel good today, extra rice with supper last
night, nice carb breakfast with some fruit, 2 cups o java,
all other issues took care of themselves…lets go runnin!!!

Alter Ego (AE): Ah shit….I hates it when you’re happy!

Me: Hey, I mentioned in an earlier post that we were going
to shake things up a bit and run for the end, not the
beginning…right?

AE: I wanted to go back TO BED!!!! How many Saturdays
do I really get to do NOTHING IDIOT!!!!

Me: Exactly, let’s get some stuff done before the Football
starts today and then we can watch with nothing on the
conscience

AE: I have no conscience so this is no value to me!  Why
do I always get sucked into this stuff?

Me: Because we are a package deal man….a team. Frick &
Frack, Martin & Lewis, Cheech & Chong…you know.

AE: More like Dumb & Dumber….

Me: We have beer at home…

AE: Ahhh Kimosabe, you know me too well….I will do my
best to sabotage, nag, be positive on the run…but no
guarantees!!!!

Me: Okay…and I have the final say when we stop…right?

AE: Wait a minute, what kinda beer?

Me: Well we have a Trafalger Bock that we might start off
with…

Me: Then maybe this Innes & Gunn Limited Edition IPA
(only 68000 bottles done) but we may save that for Super
Bowl…

Me: But will definitely have a few Steam
Whistles...

….and maybe I give you the day off tomorrow....
How’s that?

AE: You got a deal…let’s shake it out man!!! (a few hours
later…I love YOP)

So here were the splits from the Garmin. I never really
tanked until I got to the last 4 kms. And I did know I was
toast…happy, but toast (ed).



Time     Distance    Split time    Split distance    Split pace

0:27:41   5.00         27:41         5.00            5:32

0:55:43   10.00       28:01          5.00            5:36

1:24:23   15.00       28:40          5.00            5:44

1:53:30    20.00      29:06          5.00            5:49

2:21:05    24.42      27:34          4.42            6:14

So now its time to go have a few frosties at the bar. I do love football and made this as a side project one year. It’s 8 feet long and 3 feet wide at the center. We have had quite a few tilts & sips at this place on the 4 accompanying Captains chairs.

So today’s predictions are:
Seattle over NO
Indy over Da Jets
Balt over KC
And finally
GB over Philly
Game is just starting…gotta run and help be the 12th Man

cheers all



  

6 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

KILLER!!!!!

I bow before the master.

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Maybe you should have your boss (wife) get a sling shot, and shoot that devil off your shoulder. Then maybe you can have some peace :)

Nellie
http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

Jamoosh said...

Nice run and some nice brews! Sweet.

Lee said...

I think we have the same alter ego!

Chris K said...

Look at the Canadian going 3 for 4 on NFL picks, including SEA over NO. And what a surprise that Jamoosh read a post about beer.

Adam said...

Wow, you went 3/4 on the picks. Nice work.