Saturday, January 15, 2011

R U Ready for some Football??????

As I sit here watching football, I felt the urge to comment on todays run. I kinda slept in with the "BOSS" and then hummed and hawed about going for a run. After a relaxing breakfast of 1/2 a cantaloupe, 2 cappuccino's, toast and peanut butter...as well as a read of the morning papers...the decision was made to get the run in before shopping. Looking at the -12 deg C temp was a bit of a deterrent but  I said what the hell and away I went.


A beautiful run...a bit o snot here and there but what do you expect for -12? A 5.11 mins/km pace (8:20 mins/mile) for 11 1/2 klicks (7+miles) and my day was complete by 10:30ish. What more could you ask for on a Saturday morning? Add into the fact that it started snowing shortly after the run and has not stopped yet, made the decision that much better.


What also made it better was the dynamic stretching at the end of the run. I feel great...no aches or pains, tightness or soreness...and the cool down was done on the way home..all of 5 minutes to go through the routines...gotta love it!!!


So now I sit guilt free watching Balt vs Pitt on a full tum of spaghetti and meatsauce (homemade) and I think Pitt is going to come back and make my prophecy come true.


I am looking at my 1st full Marathon in April so I think on Monday, the game plan will have to start...I will get to that after tomorrows football.


cheers y'all


btw...do you do...... "oh my God...Pitt interception!!!!" ...... a cool down routine after your runs?


ps...TIE GAME>>>PITT TD with 1:21 left in the 3rd....gotta go...hope it stays this way for my picks!!!!


pps...I am Raiders fan but my Asics are black/gold and white!!!!! Go Pitt Go

7 comments:

wannaberunnergrl said...

That game was awesome! Very glad Pitt won!!

After walking for about 5 minutes to cool down, I stretch for a bit and if it's a really killer run or long run... I have a glass of chocolate milk (skim milk).

Shawn said...

yo wannaberunnergrl

I hope you are WATCHING GAME 2 TONIGHT....go GB..at the time I post this..they are up 14

Game on...youwilldo10 miles sooner than later!!!

Lee said...

The only thing I like about football is the uniforms, is that what they're even called? And what was that, something about Brad Pitt

Chris K said...

That's a great run and a perfect breakfast. I will not mention that it was 75 deg F here today. Did Da Raida's hire a Coach yet? Who'd want THAT job? Go Bolts.

Jamoosh said...

Pittsburgh wins! Indeed, you are a prophet.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

My hubs is a seahawks diehard. We couldn't believe the upset last week. We will be watching today!

Good luck as marathon training begins!

Katie said...

Yaayyyy JETS!! That is all :)