Friday, January 28, 2011

The Friday Rant - Jan 28 ver

Sorry no rant...gotta PLAN - see post below.


Funny story though....our eldest, son "B" went to bed the other night and left the fridge door open. Luckily I got up to have a glass of water and followed his wanton path of destruction (lights on, doors unlocked, etc...) and closed the fridge door.


Then I had one of those shock type moments and thought about something that happened many years ago as a kid. When I was about 4-5 (had a few concussions so things are a bit fuzzy), I went to our neighbors house and let myself in. Remember when you never locked your door?


I was rooting around in their fridge when the Mom asked me if she could help me? I replied" Yes, where is the cheese?" as if I owned the place.


I do not know why that popped back into my head but I now "shake" my head at some of the stuff I have done in my life.


So I think I am done with the Friday rant and will start a regular post about how lucky I am to get past 40!


Have a great weekend....and watch your cheese

7 comments:

Kovas said...

Who moved my cheese?

Christi said...

My son leaves every single light on in the house and can't lock a door to save his life. Is this what the new generation has come to? :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Those were the good old days. You should try going into your neighborh's house tonight and getting a beer out of the fridge. Just to see what happens. It would make for a good blog post anyway.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Did you leave your neighbor's fridge door open?

Shawn said...

Ha Jim...that's funny

SUAR - I live on teetolars lane...but it woyuld be a hoot

Kovas - I never did it

Christi - ???? I have no answers, I just shake my head

Chris K said...

Hilarious. When I was 5, and at a sleepover, I got scared and walked home.

Teamarcia said...

Cheese rocks. Get some however you can.