Sunday, December 12, 2010

Shake & Bake BABY, Shake & Bake

Todays weather sucked...big time...so much for Elmer Fudd and thongs: (re..the comments section):


 This is what I was greeted with this morning...freezing rain...so what did I do...BAKE BABY BAKE


I do a Christmas bread thing..a kinda Italian, Greek loaf type thing..all braided and stuff..I make for friends who have been nice and taunt those who has been naughty (to my enemies, I f*rt in your general direction)....Usually  try to find a dipping oil to put with it,,,ummm, blue cheese and garlic (once again, I f*rt in your general direction)....here are a few pics of the  momentous occasion...and while I was waiting for the dough to rise..I tossed in a deep dish Apple Crisp for the rest of the clan..that won't last long, trust me on this one (it is now 9:55pm..and 1/2 of the crisp has mysteriously disappeared)...vegetarian free for all:






then it was"rolled and braided"






So there ya go...and all of this while the BOSS slept after a particularly nasty 12 hr shift....man I love her ability to be adaptable...and my ability to be as quiet as a church mouse when required!!!!

If you would like the recipe's, shoot me an email at meplus3is4@gmail.com and I will scan the  recipes into a jpg...course, I put my own twist on all the stuff..add extras,miss some stuff (tomato's...yuch!!), lotsa extra Garlic...ummmmmm...great for dipping with balsamic vinegar and olive oil if nothing else is available

Supposed to be running tomorrow night but suspect I will be Christmas shopping instead ...mi vida loca baby..........later eh!!!

12 comments:

Katie said...

I am jealous of your baking abilities :P I planned on running outside since it was going to be warmer today, but it poured and rained so my plans where foiled :/

LOL on the elmer fudd :D

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Those look great Shawn. Hopefully I'm on the nice list.

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

When your honey woke up to the smell of baking bread, I bet she was real thankful ;)

Oh, and screw running...go shop!


Nellie
http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com
(36 year old fulltime RVer living la vida loca with a cute-butt husband and a stink-butt dog!)

Lee said...

oh my - now we see why your wife keeps you - nothing like a man that cooks!
would love the recette - love balsamic/olive oil

Andrew Opala said...

Love it ... get me your co-ordinates ... I need to swing by half-way on my Long runs for my nutrition stop ... you can look me up on Canada411.ca

Lee said...

thanks for sending the recipe - from a magazine? your recipe is published?

Shawn said...

Kovas...yes on the good list

Andrew...run East, you will find me


Lee,,,,no it's not mine, I stole it from a mag...but I made it mine, I wish I was that creative.

Jeri said...

Thanks for the kind words on my vegas marathon post. They were much appreciated. And seriously......yummmmmmmy.

Andrew Opala said...

ok, been running for the last day ... I'm in Scarborough ... there's a guy here asking for my wallet ... what should I do?

Shawn said...

Run like you have never run before

Chris K said...

You had me at Blue Cheese and Garlic. Gotta say, I'm loving your big 'ol fonts for old farts like me. That break looks awesome. Seems you are quite the renaisance man (where is the spell checker?)

Chris K said...

Um, I meant bread