Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Rant - "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"

It has been a long week. I am mentally tired which makes my brain think I am physically tired. I have tried to recollect the last time I just did nothing for a day....nein, nyet, nada absolutely nothing. And I can’t.




Call it seasonal blues, call it holiday overload, and call it down right crazy when you try to cram in an extra 12 hours into an already overloaded 24 hour day. Socializing, being merry, and worrying over presents, “Did I get the right one?”, “Will they be happy?”, “I paid how much for that!!!!?????” and so it goes on and on and on.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am not a Grinch (and I’m not complaining..I’m just externalizing my feelings, yeah, that’s the ticket!!)....although some may disagree. I love the get togethers, I love seeing people that I have not seen all year and I do enjoy watching the family on Christmas morning. I just dislike the rush, the shopping carnage, the madman I turn into because I feel I don’t have enough time to do all the things I should. I get impatient, irritable and loud when it happens.....albeit; I am learning to tone it down a teensy, weensy bit.



The good thing is that I have been running. I WILL make my 900 miles this year.... probably!!! Winter running, but running. You have to bundle up more, wear different gear and generally have a sense of humour about snow, ice and cold....and Elevens...what you say are Elevens?



Sing after me...”When your eating honey and your nose starts running, well you may think it’s funny but it’s not”

And faster

...”Whenyoureatinghoneyandyournosestartsrunning, wellyoumaythinkitsfunnybutitsss.....SNOTTTTT

I know, juvenile but I really needed that laugh today. RIP Ray. Looking forward to a long run tomorrow AM....will have the Elevens protector up but you never know, there may be some honey eatin’ going on around here!!!

How do you deal with the hubbub, bruhaha of the holidays????

5 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I love this time of year. Everyone is in a bad mood and cutting me off in traffic and flipping the bird. Stress everywhere, you can feel it in the air. But serioulsy I do LOVE this time of year. Even if it is busy and draining.

Emz said...

Did someone say "bird flipping"? Sign me up.

just got yelled at by a 70 year old at Costco - no joke. MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS!!

I still love it.

Chris K said...

What's this "probably" stuff? As Henry Ford said, "Whether you think or can or can't, you are right". Go get 'em Shawn!

Lee said...

was out in it today - crazy stuff!!

Raegun said...

I received a shove from behind at the grocery store today. Apparently I wasn't moving quickly enough through the produce section.