Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Post #1 - What the hell was I thinking!!

"Today is the first day of your life"....maybe the 1st day of your blog

Usually we take a look at a quote for about a minute and then move on with life, that's human nature.

But every once in awhile, we actually stop, and have a real think about where our lives are going.

In December 2009, I was a real SAD SACK..overweight, tired and overweight, ( did I mention I was overweight?).


So, since April 2009 to Sept 2009 I went from 230+lbs to about 190ish. A combination of diet and exercise.  I have run 2 - 1/2 marathons and competed in 2 duathlons (run, bike, run.....I come from a long line of sinkers, so NO swimming) in the past 6 months.


So, this blog is about my resurrection and my attempt at immortality. I am doing this for a few reasons. First and foremost, for myself, 2nd, for my family, and 3rd for anybody who might actually find my ramblings useful.


I have some concrete goals for the future that will come up in later posts...but one must start with baby steps...much as what i did when i started my journey to immortality ( how dramatic is that!!!)

3 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Hey thanks for reading my blog and for starting your own. Your story is really inspiring - losing all the weight and the running. Keep writing and I'll keep reading...

Shawn said...

Thank-you SUAR, I will hold you to that...

Michelle said...

I love finding a new blog and going back to their very first post to see why it is that they started.

My quote was "a year from now you may wish you had started today" - Karen Lamb.

Glad to have stumbled across your blog. I follow mostly weight loss blogs but get suckered into Canadian blogs and running blogs, you fall into weight loss, Canadian, and running! Come On!! Ahaha!

http://chubbygirlintraining.blogspot.com/2010/10/so-i-used-to-be-runner.html