Friday, November 19, 2010

I want it All

I'm a man with a one track mind,
So much to do in one life time (people do you hear me)
Not a man for compromise and where's and why's and living lies
So I'm living it all, yes I'm living it all,
And I'm giving it all, and I'm giving it all,
It ain't much I'm asking, if you want the truth,
Here's to the future, hear the cry of youth,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,

Queen, Verse 3, I Want it All


I used to be a smoker (2 packs a day/17 years) who then discovered how good food tasted when I quit.

Waiter: “Would you like more cheese on your cheese Sir”
Me: “SuperSize me Man, more CHEESE PLEASE!!!”
Waiter: “Are you sure Sir, your looking a bit peaked”?
Me: “I want it all, I want it Now...more cheese damnit!!!”
Waiter: “As you wish Sir”
Me: “Quit wasting my time with manners, get me my CHEESE!!!”


For awhile, I looked like this (okay, so I am exaggerating a bit lot);


And now (8-9 months later), I am at a reasonable weight for my height and I actually feel the best I ever have.... since I was about 12 years old. Yes, 12 years old.

So why this post? Well, it’s Friday and I am happy...as I told someone else this week, I am this happy, happy, happy


I am now “living it all”. I am working hard to keep the weight off and I enjoy doing it. I am happy, happy, happy!!

But hey, all work and no play is not a balanced lifestyle. There has to be some reward at the end. You have to treat yourself sometimes. Today, after my run, my weekly reward will be one, two, several of these...which by the way, is the absolute #1 favourite type of frosty in my fridge (pour this on the box they put me in at the end and I will be HAPPY).




Cheers and have a great weekend fellow bloggers...GET HAPPY!!!


4 comments:

Emz said...

YAY Snoopy!!!

I'm jigging right now. YAY friday!

YAY for QUEEN! Awesome.

Quinton J said...

Amen homie...you NEED balance. Or what's the point? Cheers!

Raegun said...

Hey there - I just found your blog through a link and thought I'd say 'hi'. I love your blog's title and share your affinity for Newcastle....what can I say - I'm a Canadian girl. ;) I'm looking forward to following you (I've been blogging for a few months now and that still sounds so creepy to me!).
Rae

Shawn said...

Hi Rae...I hear you...as a new voice on the block, some of these "terms" kinda make me nervous too. So thanx for saying hi and i hpe we can amuse you a bit as this thing progress's

EMZ = - Made my day to see you as the 1st comment...Snoopy RULES

Q - You and I have to seriously have an offline about soccer and stuff...don't work too hard next week....