Monday, November 8, 2010

Curse you DST

 When I got serious about losing pounds and getting into shape, I made myself get out of bed the minute my eyes opened (usually 5-5:30am) and got on the treadmill to walk for an hour. My motivation was to lose those pounds no matter what time I had to get up. It was a CHORE!!

It's been awhile since I had an early morning run. And I was up at 4 am this morning staring at the ceiling....curse you daylight savings time I thought...so I fought a valiant fight for an hour or so and then went for an 8 k run in the dark.

My regular run goes through a conservation area, then to a bike path along a river, then through some residential areas to home. I did the same run this morning and realized how far I had come with my fitness....and that I was also enjoying myself at 5:30 in the morning, in the dark (and cool...needed the mittens). It was not a chore. It was a great way to start my day....so maybe I will be doing a few more morning runs before the snow flies.

DST put your routine out of whack?

1 comment:

Emz said...

YAY - the only REAL reason to live in AZ. We don't have to deal with the one hour forward one hour back thing. GOT TO LOVE THAT! ;)